The Loft Conversion of your dreams doesn’t cost a fortune
Are you thinking of converting your loft? Looking for a cheap option that won’t overshoot your budget? Do you need the services of an experienced loft conversion service in Brighton?
With a background in loft conversion going back over 20 years, Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions is one of the leading specialists in Brighton. We are passionate about using our expertise of construction with a speciality in loft conversion to create a customised design which highlights the beauty of your home and creates additional room for your family.
As a professional team of friendly contractors, we understand the importance of building an excellent relationship with our clients, establishing a schedule of work and completing your loft conversion project on time. We want you to have the loft conversion of your dreams without breaking the bank or taking longer than expected to give you the perfect loft.
Our team will find a custom solution for the most difficult situations. We work within your requirements and consider your design ideas and available loft space to ensure the loft we create is one that makes you happy.
We cover Central Hove, Aldrington, Kemp Town, Albion Hill, Hangleton, Hove, Elm Grove, Moulsecoomb, Old Town, Patcham, Portslade and other areas of Brighton. Increase the value of your home with a high-quality loft conversion from Brighton’s best
Our RIBA certified architects are here for you. We’ll design a loft conversion that makes the best use of your existing space and turns it into a habitable, useful and attractive space that provides value in terms of storage, living space and an increased property value.
Once you call us to arrange a free site survey, we will come over to analyse your loft space and discuss the viability of a Velux loft conversion. Velux loft conversion is cheap, easy to implement and has a faster turnaround time when compared to most loft conversion options.
Instead of a one-time payment that cripples your finances, we work out a staged payment system where you pay for your loft conversion in instalments throughout the project. The quote we send you includes details of what the loft conversion entails.
Prices are fixed so you don’t have to worry about paying extra after you’ve signed the contract.
We take care of the entire process for you. From planning, design, build, quality control and handover, we are with you every step of the way. Our staff can help you arrange for building regulation, planning permits and party wall agreements. Our Brighton loft conversion specialists have the ability to undertake any type of loft conversion project including building a staircase that maximises space in your home.
What is Velux Loft Conversion?
Velux loft conversion is one of the most popular types of loft conversion. It doesn’t require any structural alteration to the roof, it is affordable and it’s the least invasive loft conversion. It is the first choice for Brighton homeowners who want to have their loft converted.
A Velux loft conversion makes the most of your current space, increases natural sunlight in the room, makes it more habitable and doesn’t require planning permission to implement. It is ideal for the building where the loft has sufficient headroom but a small space, such as a study or single bedroom.
When compared to other types of loft conversion such as Mansard, Hip to Gables or Dormer loft conversions, Velux requires less construction, ensuring that it is not as disruptive as other types of loft conversions in Brighton.
Whilst planning permission may not be required, you should still check with the local authority in Brighton to ensure that you don’t need planning permission.
Our experts can provide you with free advice to get you past the planning process and ensure your loft conversion meets all the building regulations.
A rooflight window lets in plenty of ventilation and natural light to your Brighton home whilst retaining your privacy. You can use a blackout blind to prevent the room from being too warm in summer. It can also include a Cabrio system that turns your window into a balcony.
Types of Rooflight Windows
A traditional design that is secured to an upstand on the roof. If you have a large window glazing area, several glass panes are joined to make one large rooflight. It offers great thermal performance and maximises sunlight to ensure the Rooflight doesn’t lead to heat loss.
This is a good solution for Brighton homeowners who are seeking more fresh air and increased ventilation for living areas below. These are electronically operated with a remote to provide an amazing combination of clean air and natural sunlight.
Just as the name suggests, you can walk on them. They are typically used in a garden or courtyard area that sits above a subterranean living space. It is a good way to increase natural light in the living area below. The glazing you use has to be strong enough to handle foot traffic have watertight performance and be completely safe.
If you’re looking to get great sky views or brighten up a dark space, then roof lanterns are the best option. They are designed to provide plenty of light, unrivalled sky views and an elegant style.
A thermal-efficient sliding rooflight brings the outside in for increased ventilation and unobstructed light when slid into the open position. The rooflight supports its’ own weight without obstructive supports or roof tracks using a built-in telescopic sliding mechanism. It uses an electric motor and can be fitted with a rain sensor, remote control, temperature sensor and safety access control sensor.
Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions only uses the highest quality Velux windows
We offer an impressive range of Velux windows to our Brighton customers who are considering a Velux loft conversion. The most desirable is the Velux smart window that does more than just let sunlight in.
These impressive windows automatically shut down when they sense that its’ about to rain and they open again to let in the sun. Adding a Super Sound Insulation reduces noise pollution by 50% for those who live in a noisy area. Our high-quality Velux windows ensure that your Brighton loft conversion is filled with natural light that complements the design of the room and makes it feel like home.
The benefits of roof windows in Brighton
High intensity, direct light
Sunlight is important for good health, and rooflight windows bring daylight directly to you. It is a part of the architecture that reduces energy for lighting and impacts cooling and heating loads.
This means your loft is more energy efficient when you install a roof window. The light from the sun enhances morale, reduces eyestrain and fatigue and leads to a positive attitude that lasts the rest of the day.
It is crucial that you use a good quality roof window to enjoy “first hand” proper light energy that is glare-free. Electric lighting is usually the best choice for Brighton lofts.
Great ventilation for Brighton homes
Ventilation in a building freshens up the air inside your Brighton home to maintain thermal comfort and good air quality. It also influences your psyche by creating a link to nature, the feeling of being in control and odour management.
Considering that many homeowners in Brighton spend a lot of time indoors, it is important to maintain the right context for healthy, fresh air to exist. The DEIC states that the quality of indoor air influences your mental performance and general wellbeing, makes you feel comfortable and prevents asthma caused by humidity.
Protect your loft from unwanted noise
Outside noise, especially for those who live in populated, urban areas has a negative effect on mood, health and learning capabilities. Noise can affect your well-being, cause mental fatigue, lower productivity and trigger stress. A well-insulated Velux window blocks outside noise makes you more serene and contributes to a relaxed sleep at night.
The opening and closing could either be automatic or controlled by an innovative bar at the top. Either way, it ensures you have a superb view when sitting or standing up and lots of natural light throughout the loft.
Most loft conversions get very cold in winter and too hot in summer. Velux windows feature ThermoTechnology which uses an airtight seal and excellent insulation to maintain an even temperature all year round.
Why Choose Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions for your Velux loft conversion?
- We provide a free site survey and no-obligation quote valid for three months
- A certified and experienced team of architects, builders and contractors
- A team of friendly builders in Brighton who focus on quality craftsmanship
- We provide high-quality Velux and rooflight windows that are thermally efficient and require little maintenance
- A ten-year guarantee for every Velux loft conversion to ensure your peace of mind
- A fully integrated service from planning through the build
- Competitive prices from one of Brighton’s top loft conversion specialists
- Over two decades of combined experience in Velux loft conversion
- Personalised customer service from start to completion of your Brighton loft conversion project
- Invaluable local experience of the Brighton area you can leverage for planning
- Dedicated project manager
- Fixed price quotation that doesn’t change midway through the project
- Instalment payment throughout the projectFully insured up to £1,000,000 for public liability and £10,000,000 for employer’s liability
Go online. The company’s website must inspire trust. Check their office address and call their phone number for more details. Ask to see a portfolio of Velux loft conversions.
Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions is happy to give you the phone numbers of Brighton residents we’ve worked for. We can also provide our licenses, proof of guarantee and a portfolio of loft conversion projects we’ve carried out in Brighton.
When choosing a loft conversion service in Brighton, it is important to choose a professional service such as Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions who understand rooflights and Velux windows. We can also help you make the right choice on the best type of rooflight window that suits your budget, location and style.
If you construct a loft conversion without a planning permission, your loft conversion is illegal and attracts a hefty fine of up to £10,000.
The first option is to move the water tank to a corner. It frees up space and allows you to maximise your loft. A box in the tank hides the tank without affecting the aesthetics of your new loft conversion.
An unvented hot water cylinder is a great alternative to your old water tank. It eliminates the need for a cold water tank in the loft, so you save space. They can be located anywhere, including the basement.
The best option is to remove the old tank completely and replace it with a combi boiler. It takes up minimal room and is the ideal, long-term solution for maximising space in your loft whilst improving the pressure of hot water throughout the home.
Building regulation is always required for a loft conversion. By UK laws, any structural modification to a building must comply with building controls that stipulate the standards for safety and design.
You are assured that Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions stock both windows and blinds for your preferred rooflight window manufacturer. For example, Keylite’s window blinds reduce heat loss by 20% and some even improve thermal efficiency in your loft conversion.
The second option is the cash buyer programme where you pay for your loft conversion in stages from the date you signed the contract to the date when you receive the certificate of completion.
The third option is to leverage your savings if you have enough in the bank. If you don’t, you can put the rest on your credit card or look into a credit card cashback deal.
The final option is the “buy now pay later deal”. You pay 50% at the start of construction and the balance is paid over a period of 12 months. Alternatively, you could use the deferred and preferred method where the final 50% is spread over 60 months or 120 months.
Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions uses high-quality Velux products that are inexpensive and durable. The faultless design, solid construction and quality materials gives a classic look to your loft.
- The roof window size,
- Centre pivot or top hung,
- Manual, solar or electric,
- Type of internal finish (white polyurethane, white painted or pine finish),
- Type of glazing (extra noise redundant, extra low energy, comfort and safety)
- Window flashing. Options range from EDW tile flashing to EDN recessed slate flashing
The most cost effective Velux loft conversion starts at £28,000 + VAT. The factors we mentioned above will influence the cost by as much as £1,000 or more.
The ideal loft staircase maximises space in your home. A smart option is to install the loft staircase over the existing staircase. It creates a symmetrical design where one staircase leads to the other whilst saving space for your loft without affecting headroom. Clifton Hill & Montpelier Loft Conversions will design and build an amazing staircase for you.
If you build a loft without getting the right permit, your loft is illegal and it loses any assumed increase in value. This makes it very difficult to sell your home when you want to move.
You need a written party wall agreement signed by adjoining owners. A surveyor is appointed to prepare a Party Wall Award that states how work will progress. The adjoining homeowners have to be given two months written notice.
Information About Brighton
- Clifton Hill & Montpelier is proud to offer Roof Light/Velux Windows For Loft Conversions in the town of Brighton, which lies within South East England in the county of East Sussex.
- Part of the Brighton and Hove built-up area, Brighton is located in the City of Brighton and Hove, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- A range of East Sussex businesses including Clifton Hill & Montpelier make their home in Brighton.
- Brighton used to be called Brighthelmstone.
- Commonly used nicknames include Blightey & Brighthelmstone.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean,Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb, Hollingbury and Hollingdean are included withinin Clifton Hill & Montpelier’s Roof Light/Velux Windows For Loft Conversions area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Clifton Hill & Montpelier within in Brighton, Sussex accommodate Portslade-by-Sea, Saltdean, Ovingdean, Patcham and Rottingdean,
- in addition to Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Woodingdean, Withdean, Westdene and West Blatchington.
- Last in order of mention, Clifton Hill & Montpelier’s Roof Light/Velux Windows For Loft Conversions cover the Brighton Municipality along with Stanmer, Bear Road area and Brighton Marina.
- Brighton is covered by the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are famous through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are popular with local residents and known through out England.
- The major roads of Brighton are the A27 road and A23 road.
- Bordering to the West of town of Brighton and Hove is Sompting, Worthing, Southwick, Shoreham, Littlehampton and Lancing.
- The town of Brighton is fringed by Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Lewes to the East.
Loft conversion is one of the most popular home improvement projects in the UK. Homeowners carry out loft conversion projects specifically to give their home extra space at very little cost. Need more space in your home? Planning a loft conversion
A loft conversion provides you with much needed space in your home, as well as significantly increasing its value. In fact, studies show that a property can increase as much as 20% above market value if improvements, such as a
Areas We Cover
- Roof Light Conversions In Southern Cross
- Roof Light Conversions In Stanmer
- Roof Light Conversions In Waterhall
- Roof Light Conversions In Aldrington
- Roof Light Conversions In Preston
- Roof Light Conversions In Roedean
- Roof Light Conversions In Rottingdean
- Roof Light Conversions In Saltdean
- Roof Light Conversions In Ovingdean
- Roof Light Conversions In Patcham